Monday, March 7, 2011

Chaos in Paris


The French countryside stands ruined and depressed. Political disputes and conflict still rises here and its chaos. The Paris streets are no place for fun or socializing, but a place for riots and revolutionaries. Charles received a letter from someone in need and departed with a “glorious vision of doing good”. He told Lucie and I only through a letter. Lucie and I have learned that Charles has been put in a prison called La force. We went to Tellisons bank to ask Jarvis for help in rescuing Charles, but Jarvis responded by showing me a large mob outside that is going to kill all the prisoners. So I went outside of Tellisons bank and a cry went out; “help for the Bastille prisoner’s kindred in La Force! I went to Paris, brave and confident and I persuaded the Tribunal to keep Darnay alive! I got a job as a physician at La Force. So much action and turmoil is going on here in Paris…The king and queen have been beheaded! And the guillotine is a fixture and sits in the Paris streets, where beheadings are happening daily. A few days later, I had to tell Lucie that Charles will stand trial the next day but I assure her that he will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment