Monday, March 7, 2011

Relapse



Its been a little over a year since my last post, but not too much has happened. The biggest news is that The Marquis Evremonde was found dead with a knofe through his heart. Attatched was a note that said “drive him fast to his tomb, this from Jaques”. But presently, Darnay came by my house yesterday and admitted his love for my daughter, Lucie.  He went on to say how he honors mine and Lucie’s special relationship. He told me he does not intend to ruin our close relationship at all. I was quite surprised of his honesty and feelings. What I thought was strange though was that Darnay asked a promise of me. He asked that I promise to vouch for what he had said and the true meaning of his love for Lucie. He was concerned that if Lucie was to ever ask, that she might mistake his love as false of not sincere I assured him that Lucie feels the same way about him and should not worry. He went on to say that Charles Darnay is not his real name and said he can only reveal his real name on the day of his wedding. That night I went to my shoemaker’s bench and began making shoes again. I thought this part of my life was gone but there must be something Im trying to block out. Is it the fact that Lucie is no longer mine? Is it that shes grown up and ready to be on her own? Or could it be that the man she is marrying is hiding his true identity and does that concern me? Much happened yesterday and I can only seem to go about making shoes again. Ive relapsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment