Monday, March 7, 2011

life after the Bastille


Sixteen years in the Bastille has made me into a different man, and I wish Icould be myself again. All i've known is jail, and being locked up and and now i know nothing to comfort me from the horrible thoughts except that of shoe making. Shoe making helps me escape the horrible thoughts and memories of the Bastille. It relaxes me and gets me in a mode where i concentrate on nothing but the shoe im creating. Shoe making also helps me not to think of my beautiful daughter, Lucie and how much i miss her. As much as i love her and long for her presence, i try my hardest not to think of her because of the pain. Thinking about her only makes me miss her more and that is torturous. I havent seen her in about sixteen years and i wonder how much shes grown and how smart shes become. I know she is well because she is in the trusty hands of mt servant , miss pross who is such a hard worker and good family friend. Thoughts of my beloved Lucie only leads to thoughts of my wife, God rest her soul, and all of my great memories of when i was a doctor. For i loved my job and family and life before the Bastille.I make shoes of the latest fashion, yet the latest fashion is no longer what i think the latest fashion is. My mind is in a whole other era than present time.

No comments:

Post a Comment